Frequently Asked Questions
Why soy candles?
It supports our farmers!!
It is a clean burning wax with little to no soot!
It is non-toxic, biodegradable & environmentally safe!
It is not derived from oil refining!
It has an excellent hot & cold scent throw!
It cleans up in the sink with just soap & water!!
It is completely lead free!!
Longer burning than paraffin!!
Our candles have no dyes or color additives!
AND it is Grown & Made in the USA!!!!
Paraffin vs. Soy Candles
Soy candles are longer burning than paraffin candles!!
Why none or non-scented soy candles?
We also offer unscented candles for those that simply enjoy the warm candle glow, without the fragrance.
How do you add scents to your soy candles?
Fragrance and essential oils are used to help produce a high quality candle.
How are handmade soy candles made?
Each of our candles are hand poured for the best quality possible.
Are Beckley’s Best candles all natural soy candles?
No dyes or additives are ever used.
What kinds of scented soy candles do you carry?
We offer over 50 different fragrances for you to choose from.
Where can I buy Beckley’s Best Blends soy wax candles?
We travel the Midwest offering our candles for sale at craft shows, festival and art events. You can also order our candles online.
What are some tips for burning soy candles?
- If a wick moves off center while burning, use a butter knife to move it back to center while the candle is still warm.
- Burn candles for 1 hour per inch of its diameter. This allows the flame time to melt the wax to the outer edge. Burning less time will cause the candle to core burn down the middle & shorten burn time. Example: a candle with a 3″ opening should burn for approximately 3 hours at a time, or until the wax is liquid to the edge.
- Always trim wicks before lighting candle, this will extend burn time and is an added measure for not letting the candle burn to hot.
- Prevent glass from cracking by discontinuing use when 1/2″ of the wax remains. In a glass container, the extra heat created from a flame that is too large could cause the glass to crack or shatter. Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- If you have a candle burning that you cannot smell, try moving the candle to a different location in the house to find your “air flow”. Different candles may burn differently in the same area due to the fact that some oils are heavier than others.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. NEVER!
- Never burn your candle in a draft. Any candle that is lit where a draft is present will smoke and burn uneven. Even a slight draft (where there is a flickering of the flame) can cause a poor burn.